To add a commercial component and enlarge the game community by creating a solution for selling game artifacts among existing players and potential users.
Our client is launching an MMORPG game and wants to add a commercial component by creating an artifact market for this game. He intends to involve high-quality designers to create artifacts` graphical representation, which is supposed to have some artistic value. Some of the artifacts will be unique, the rest will exist in a limited number of copies. He would like to sell these artifacts among fans of such games - not only within this game community, but also among people who do not play it yet. The graphical representation of artifacts in this case can become a reason for involving such people into the game.
Using NFT technology to confirm the artifacts ownership and to provide the existence of created NFT independently from gaming platform.
NFT technology is a perfect solution for this purpose. Due to NFT, we can solve both problems:
- to fix the fact that a particular user owns a specific artifact on a global scale;
- to sell the artifacts not only on the marketplace, created as a part of the gaming platform, but on any other marketplace for NFTs, such as OpenSea.
In order to untie the created NFT from our gaming platform and continue its existence, even if the gaming platform will be abolished, we have to keep the token and linked artifact image in a distributed storage. We use IPFS (InterPlanetary File System) storage for this purpose.
In addition, for creating an NFT token, we need a blockchain supporting the Smart Contracts execution and, at the same time, being able to create tokens in one of the standard formats appropriate for NFT. We have chosen the most common - ERC 721 format, enabling us to use Ethereum as a blockchain. An additional argument for this choice is that Ethereum is supported by AWS, and we will build our solution upon the Amazon cloud.
Implementation of REST API for the buyer, seller and admin gateways; Ethereum Full Node - for performing wallet generation operations, IPFS Node for storing tokens and images, MongoDB for storing artifacts` description.
The system consists of the following components:
- Buyer gateway - a server application that implements a REST API to provide NFT purchases.
- Seller gateway - a server application that implements a REST API to provide NFT sales.
- Admin gateway - a server application that implements a REST API for administrative tasks.
- Ethereum Full Node - for performing wallet generation operations for new users, as well as for creating tokens for NFT.
- IPFS Node - node of the IPFS system for storing tokens and images included in the NFT in a distributed file system.
- MongoDB database that stores the description of artifacts before they are sold.
Ethereum Full Node