To build a service for medical companies that enables quick development of their own mobile applications for online medical support.
Our client is a global leader in telemedicine technologies & services, with centers in Israel and Germany, with about 3 million medical interactions per year. Certified as a medical device manufacturer according to ISO 13485 and certified information security according to ISO 27001. Company with regular access to a nationwide nurse service with around 500 trained nursing staff. It provides services for all players in the healthcare sector, in particular, for health insurance companies, start-ups, medical associations, patient organizations, hospitals and pharmaceutical companies.
They requested us to build a software kit that can be purchased under license and enables anyone who has the medical-technical know-how to launch their own patient apps - with no need for certification as a medical device manufacturer.
Also, as they have their own medical staff which supports people in a wide range of health issues, from chronic diseases and geriatrics to digital support during pregnancy, they wanted to implement their own mobile apps for a wide range of hybrid patient programs.
Development of a base cross-platform mobile application and CRM platform to create new apps and configure them without programming.
Our solution is divided into several parts:
- Building the foundation for all future activities - one innovative modular system (CRM) for digital health applications. The unique feature is that the software can be configured without programming in order to quickly and easily implement a wide variety of treatment scenarios. This software is connected to databases with patient data. Ability to add and edit content in telemedicine applications through CRM.
- Development of base application with unified backend and interchangeable and customizable frontend. Application appearance and color scheme can be set by CRM administrators for different purposes and various medicine sectors like mental healthcare, pregnancy care or elder people support for example.
- Development of several cross-platform mobile health care applications available on iOS and Android.
- Support and further integration with CRM of previously developed applications.
- Integration of all mobile applications into the CRM system as the central platform.
Core system application developed in Java on Spring framework performing database instance and generated Node.js application.
The system consists of the following components:
- The core of the system is an application developed in Java language using the Java Spring framework. This application allows a user with administrator permission to set the medical record structure for a specific application.
- The result of application performance is a database instance with a particular structure, as well as a generated Node.JS application that enables to add new medical records to this instance, delete and edit existing records through a GraphQL-based interface. Then the generated application is deployed in the cloud in its own subdomain as a microservice. So, once the user with administrator permission finishes the work, we get a completely ready-to-use application (generated and deployed in the cloud), it remains only to create the interface part for mobile platforms.
- Applications generated by the core of the system on the back-end.
- Customers` mobile applications, each working with its own back-end.
Amazon Route 53
Amazon API Gateway